PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair worry the heck out of me and many other professional pilots
Old 2nd Mar 2005, 11:41
Say Mach Number

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a load of bull!

So the person who started the thread now is a spokesman for other professional pilots.

All his of post is assumption and supposition. He clearly doesnt work for Ryanair and does he have any foundation for his comments or is our new spokesman just guessing what Ryanair is like.

I work for the company and yes its not perfect but as far as the flying is concerned the pilots I train are pleasantly surprised by the high standards set by the training dept and the trainers. And yes there is an active safety culture within the company.

Dont forget we are a LoCo so we have got to be doing it better and safer than some because our so called reputation.

Yes FR need pilots but they are not that desperate and people fail and that goes for experienced types as well. Eg 12 LOT(Polish Airlines)pilots turned up for the sim but only 2 got past the FR sim ride. And they are not alone.

The places we fly and the flying we do sorts out those who can and cant. If you are weak this sort of flying will find you out.

As for FTLs then I suppose his thrust applies to Aer Lingus and everyother Irish airline. Dont hear to many slagging EI.

Ask the Buzz guys they were working CAP371 as part of FR and the ones I know far prefer the Irish way now.

Brand new airplanes, home every night, a roster that no pilot moans about-now theres a first, shed loads of cash and shares, and an impeccable safety record.

It has its moments like any airline but lets put things rightly in perspective.

PS Ive never had or been put under any pressure by management on any flight. Full stop