PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair worry the heck out of me and many other professional pilots
Old 2nd Mar 2005, 10:04
frank ice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger Ryanair

I had the 'Pleasure' of flying en route to a 'positioning sector' via 'Ciampino' recently, twice, and I read the book autobiog on Ryanair, for something to do, Scary or what ! M.O. is a 'control freak' and very ruthless in his business accumen, and his motives, there is a lot of backroom double dealing always going on there and from the horses mouths of 'aircrew' who were not too shall we say 'discreet' in their airing thoughts of the company whilst engaged in their own conversations in the cabin/galley, to someone who did not fully understand either terminoligy or flight regs, it would have been 'Most' un-nerving, I was fortunate to be sat with two 1st O's (swedish) returning from very tight 'sector duties' to Stansted, both of whom were quite happy to lay bare the shortcomings of the company. Its unfortunate that the 'cannon fodder' usage of pilots and crew drives such high pressure businesss decisions, a lot more care and attention to details may help?
Someday, somewhere, and with some unfortunate results, It'l all go 'pear' shaped, and the people who will have to pick up the pieces will have been 'cast adrift' by the high command and left to face the music. Others will I'm sure be scuttling away protecting their own interests and looking to place blame elswhere.