PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair worry the heck out of me and many other professional pilots
Old 2nd Mar 2005, 09:16
stator vane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation don't blame us

i strongly suspect that if your company had gone bust and you were out of work, you too would be flying at ryan just like so many others. it is bloody difficult to get a job flying when one isn't flying. it is so much a matter of timing and catching the waves of hiring which a pilot really has little control over.

the flight deck is a safe as we make it. and when one grows up, one should have the ability to disregard whatever tactics happen in their office and set the atmosphere in your office-the flight deck.

and multiple earlies are actually more natural than starting with an early and ending on a late in the same week. i can set my alarm for a full week and quickly fall into a sleep pattern that is better than setting a different alarm time every day.

it sounds as if many of you think we should give up flying and work at pizza express rather than work for an airline that might bring your job under threat someday. (and guess what--your management will fill their pockets)

don't blame the pilots. you might be in the same boat sometime. but it won't really be my fault.