PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair launches legal action against pilots' union (merged)
Old 1st Mar 2005, 19:34
Camel Killer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Words of wisdom from the Bunker....

My money is on Mullingar Mick.
Yeah, right; the game is on and the score is:

1-0 Labour court rules that it has jurisdiction to hear IMPACT/IALPA complaint.

2-0 Rights commissioner rules that he, too, has jurisdiction to hear the Victimisation complaints

3-0 JG gets ex-parte injunction

3-1 Evil empire secures leave to appeal against Labour Court 1st goal - trumpets same from the heavens in DOBs inimitablle style

OOPS! Video referee consulted
Seems the Evil Empire "forget" to tell everyone that while they secured leave to appeal the LC finding, the High Court REFUSED to grant them an injunction restraining the Labour Court from proceeding with the substantive hearing in the meantime!!!! And refused to grant them 2 declarations seeking to quash the LCs findings on collective bargaining and the existence of a trade dispute, AND refused a further request for a declaration about union recognition. You'd never have guessed that from the Evil empire press release or DoB's masterful summary of the High Court "success". Dear me!!
3-0 Goal disallowed!!!!

4-0 On mature recollection (!) Video referee awards High Court goal to the good guys

5-0 Justice Kelly continues the JG injunction and finds
"disquieting aspects" about the procedures adopted by Ryanair
And he should be in a position to make an assessment - he heard the "millionth passenger" case where he found our friend Leo to be a less than compelling witness.

Yes, my money is on Mullingar Mick too..........NOT