PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair launches legal action against pilots' union (merged)
Old 1st Mar 2005, 18:15
Leo Hairy-Camel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post He said, she said, then he said......

management always have and always will be short-termists with an eye on the quick buck before moving on.
Horse cookies, Carpathia. Does this sound like the act of a management team with short term objectives?
but you are unable to see the middle ground.
There isn't any. Don't take my word for it, though. Read through various threads right here at Pprune to see just how effective and beloved is BALPA. Have a look at Easyjet, Flybe, BACX see how delighted the troops are with BALPA negotiating efficacy, or if you're really strong of stomach, have a look at the entirely preposterous situation at GSS, where the commands of (BALPA member) GSS FO's are being squashed by farmed out FO's from the world's favourite airline. Face it, Carpathia, unions don't work. They are parasites to industry and cause nothing but trouble. Convincing the unfortunate Captain Goss that he has a case is just cruel. Encouraging him and others to believe that employment since '86 establishes special preconditions to contract negotiations or that free of charge conversion onto another aircraft type, with a guaranteed Dublin base mind you, is somehow unfair or inappropriate, well that's nothing but vicious, cynical manipulation of useful idiots, to coin a Marxist phrase. I'm sure Evan Cullen must be laughing himself sick. He, like you though, should wait for the last laugh. My money is on Mullingar Mick.