PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair launches legal action against pilots' union (merged)
Old 1st Mar 2005, 15:53
Carpathia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh dear LHC, here we go again, the assumption that all unions are truly evil and want to ruin the company. I remind you again that a strong and viable company is in the interest of all pilots, management always have and always will be short-termists with an eye on the quick buck before moving on. Pilots are more likely to take a career length view. I suggest that if the FR pilots felt they were being treated correctly a union would not be necessary.
Your links make interesting reading but you are unable to see the middle ground. Of course I do not condone such actions as those unions and I have always been anti-union, however somebody or something needs to give FR pilots some protection from FR management and a union seems to be only show in town to do this. Have you a better suggestion? (not including so called "direct negotiation" as this clearly does not work).

The problem I have with unions, under our current American Labor Laws, is that they are based on force; they are based on fraud; they are based on coercion, intimidation and outright violence. I have asked this question many times, but no one who supports labor unions has ever been willing to give me a coherent answer:
Seems more like FR management tactics in fairness, rather than those of IALPA (leaving aside outright violence obviously)