PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair launches legal action against pilots' union (merged)
Old 1st Mar 2005, 15:29
Leo Hairy-Camel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Chicanery

headway currently being made in the courts
Headway! You must be joking, SK. What you refer to is merely a case of "he said, she said" before Justice Kelly. JG denies he actively sought to intimidate fellow pilots not to fly 800's out of Dublin as a means of strengthening his futile (my opinion) REPA lead action. I personally know of a contractor who has lost his job because he felt unable to work out of Dublin when rostered to do so. The only show that matters is the main event in the High Court, yet to come. No guess as to the outcome, I suppose, but it will be fun to watch. Headway? I don't think so.
I'd be inclined to say that fewer and fewer rats would be inclined to join a sinking ship.
I'd be inclined to say you haven't got a clue what you're talking about. Sinking? The Ryanair juggernaut is very much afloat, and accelerating.
as an obvious non-pilot
You make a false assumption, Carpathia. You presume that I, as one who speaks in support and admiration of my employer, can't possibly be a Ryanair Captain, though I assure you I am. What you think of me, though, is less relevant than the ludicrous assumption you make about the benevolence and bonhomie of pilot unions. You might very well advance the argument that they're a good idea in theory, but the trouble is, as has been demonstrated around the globe time and time again, the reality of what they get up to is, more often than not, wicked, dishonest and extortionate. You hold Southwest's unions as the torch of propriety, although in recent months their CEO has been forced out because of the intransigence of the flight attendants union and implicit threat of broader industrial consequences. Come on now!

Unions are bunk. They are anti business, anti success, and ultimately, anti pilots. Think what you will of Ryanair, but amongst all the premature backslapping in the pubs of Malahide this evening, Ryanair is getting on with it and creating pilot jobs by the truckload.