PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair launches legal action against pilots' union (merged)
Old 1st Mar 2005, 14:20
Carpathia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LHC - ultimately pilots are sensible people and I can assure you, as an obvious non-pilot, that the long term success of airlines is of far greater importance to the average pilot than to the average manager. The reason for this being the rather obvious one that while MOL and co. can afford to retire this afternoon, most pilots can not and need thus need a viable Ryanair far more than OLeary does.
With this in mind, consider why a union is wanted. Answer, quite simple because it is needed, not to, as you seem to think, to ruin the company (see paragraph 1).
The question must again be asked, in the (rather vain I suspect) hope that maybe, just maybe, someone FR manager will answer it: if unions are so bad, why is the most unionised airline in the US also the most profitable airline in the world?

Plastique:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ultimately the market will decide how much a pilot is worth, just the way the market has decided how much a plane ticket is worth
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you would like to be a pax on flights that employ only those stupid enough to accept in the long term the derisory Ts and Cs on offer by Ryanair, that's your own business, but I, and I reckon most others, would have an issue with it.