PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair launches legal action against pilots' union (merged)
Old 1st Mar 2005, 11:39
Leo Hairy-Camel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bollocks

I agree with plastique. Ryanair has done more for European social integration than the EU could ever dream about. I'm not MOL, of course, but I do work for him and from the cockpit window see young people climbing the air stair every day seeking the adventure of their lives in far distant parts that otherwise would have remained only a dream. Young Latvians going to Germany, young Italians going to France, young Britons going everywhere. Peoples lives across Europe have changed and are changing thanks in no small way to low cost airlines. Holiday homes in the Languedoc, day trips to Pisa, excursions to the Berlin opera, all feasible now because people realise they no longer need to spend four hundred quid and a kidney for the pleasure of being snarled at for an hour by some menopausal wench in an ill-fitting skirt.

The market has shifted, Hudson Bay, and the company I work for is run by a visionary with balls and determination in equal measure, a fact to which you seem to have taken particular exception. Personally, I admire him, and in anticipation of the howls of derision surely to follow, imagine European aviation without LCC's, or worse, without strong, charismatic leadership in a ruthless marketplace.

My guess is that you are in business to make money.
You think?

I congratulate you on emerging from the squalor of your early life, Hudson Bay, but might I suggest you contact old Jock again. If he's still giving away free money, this time invest some of it in a night school course to improve your spelling and overcome your fondness for indulgent, florid sentimentality.