PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question for the '89ers
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2005, 23:07
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"The same old arguments are not going to be regurgitated again and again on PPRuNe."

Here, here!! Some of us are getting sore heads
By the same token, 16 years on, and the workplace in Australia is very different to that which existed back in 1989.

For clarification, Richard Kranium, the b#st#rds my uncle referred to were the likes of Abeles, Murdoch & Macmahon.
"Why did you join Ansett Mr M if you hated them so much"?
I offered them my services for what I believed was market value, at the time.
They got a good deal!!

TNO, I'm not about to pass any judgement on the QF pilots' decision.
"What does that tell us about the pilot group as people, instead of as pilots?"
It tells me a couple of things, (i) pilots can be just as bloody-minded as any other group of employees when they know that one of their own has tried to sabotage the group, (ii) that that particular pilot openly showed he didn't wish to be part of "the whole", by his actions, and that he had that wish granted.

My uncle told me that there was a feeling of sympathy for the man, however WHY would they wish to support someone who had attempted to destroy their livelihoods?
He was no longer their friend.
Pilots are people, and have the same emotions as any other person, regardless of their line of work.
In reality, most pilots have had other jobs besides flying in my case, I've worked in the sinter plant of BHP at Newcastle as a labourer; as a council worker, pushing a lawn mower; as a shop assistant, selling (and laying) floor coverings and furniture; a brickie's labourer; and as a waiter and relief restaurant manager..........all to fund my flying!
Getting to the positions pilots do takes a lot of hard work - why SHOULDN'T we guard those positions, that took so much to achieve, as strenuously as we need to!