PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Oh WhyOh Why do you guys do this....
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2001, 00:53
Strength-5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We dont't have all that extra RT "jargon" that our colleages in the UK have ...but hey ...Scott the one you've just used is good ....should be something that could prove usefull to the lads in the UK ....
In regard to the person that orignally posted this thread ...I think, I know what I know what his gripe is ....the fact is simply a lot of times the old school philosophy of vectoring an A/C to capture LOC first and then GS has been forgotten, not appreciated or simply not appreciated, it's all good and well if the machine is doing it all automatically ....but on the odd occasion that the Approach is flown manually it's a nightmare ...try starting up FS 98/2000 and capturing LOC and GS at the same time ....besides that even in auto app ....even the auto pilot have it's work cut out fot it trying to acheve something that is humanly very difficult ...most companies have strict SOPS about chasing a GS from above ...besides that it is, if anything a dangerous practice ...
Heathrow Dir .....surely with a dedicated final director now in place ...a person that monitors specifically A/C wondering oof the approach , be it laterally or vertically your "long winded" RT could be revised back to the original "cleared for ILS App Rwy xx" ???