PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FJE B767's?
Thread: FJE B767's?
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2005, 23:58
jmc-man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting little operation, FlyJet. They appear to have arrived and just got on with the job.

The ad in flight talks about expansion, and I understand they have been talking about 767's for a little while. But by my reckoning, at least three of the positions advertised are AOC post-holders, making me wonder (1) why the incumbents have left and (2) what the CAA think of a wholesale change of key management personnel.

If ever you are interested in checking a company's progress and development, a great source of information is usually the Companies house website, where company accounts are published. However, interestingly enough, Flyjet are seriously overdue in filing their accounts, which is a bit worrying, from both a staff and customer point of view.

Finally, a google search threw up this FAA link detailing an application for traffic rights into the US.

This makes interesting reading, as it shows a set of accounts ( uncertified), showing Flyjet made a small profit on operations , but appears to be missing some significant costs ( crew being one) from the report.

All in all, Flyjet appears to be a bit of an enigma at the moment. Maybe someone on the inside can provide some answers, and some clues to the future plans. Or maybe someone down south can provide an insight into current operations.

jmc-man