PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lynx Down on SPTA
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2005, 15:19
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Back to MReyn24050s remark to Basher577, "Why do you not wait for the facts before making such a stupid irresponsible remark!", that started this war off ".

It was known at the time that there was no fatalities.

What are we going to have to "wait and see"? I should think that grapevines on this network should be considered to be 'fairly' reliable.

As there were no serious injuries, I think we should be allowed to speculate. After all, the BOI in the Germany 2000ish tr drive failure, initially seemed to be more concerned about the weight of a nav bag than the fact that the shaft had penetrated the tail boom skin.

We are all to aware of the effects that speculation can have in serious incidents, with NOK and friends waiting of news, and we respect this, but this is not one of these cases.

Reliable sources and witnesses at the scene have had a say, so what is wrong with a little informed speculation?

The history of the Lynx is not squeaky clean as we all know, so surely we can have a discussion on the beasts failures, which are highlighted once more with this incident, which we hope will be rectified with the Future Lynx.

She is a beast of a machine, in the nicest sense, and I always enjoyed flying her. but when she bites, you had better be ready for it. You knew that if nothing was going wrong, it was just about to.

On my last Ex.