PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Funny/rude response from new airline
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2005, 11:42
Phil Brockwell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From the other side

Just wanted to share an odd experience with you as an employer of low houred pilots. As most of you know, the minimum TT that will enable single crew ops on AOC is 700 under JAR, but possible to be 400 with some exemptions.

I got an email from a guy with under 400 hrs (well, not exactly a CV, but an outline of flying experience etc in the body of an email).

Then later I get a proper CV of the same guy. His hours were too low, so rushed for time I sent back a 1 line "400hrs, 100 ME required."

So, then I get an email back from this bloke criticising me for replying in a "most insulting, demeaning and lack-lustre email" when all I was doing was trying to avoid Pilot Spam.

Anyway, a couple of emails later it seems he thinks that "I'm an arrogant English T%$ss$r" and that my operation is just a flying club.

Now to be fair, its all seen as a bit of a laugh in the office that this guy made no effort whatsoever to check that we, as an organisation could employ him. Then gets abusive when we spend the same amount of time rejecting him as he spent researching us.

Come on guys, do us a favour, if you are going to spam us with applications that you haven't researched if we can actually employ you, don't burn your employment bridges by criticising our reply.

Oh, and by the way, I insist on anyone calling me an arrogant english t&*ser to have at least 500 hrs total and an MCC, its in my contract

Phil