PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - anxiety,am I alone
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2005, 23:20
Trentino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey there guys..thanks for all the support so far.
I do feel great to know that others experience this..although
I wish no one did. MikeLewis, if I may ask, what 'symptoms' did you experience when you had your anxiety attack?
I, for example, would experience tightness of my throat, Like someone was choking me, dizziness and an overall fear from those symptoms. There were many times however when I flew that I did not experience the attacks and really enjoyed my job.
I will begin seeing a doctor shortly, but unfortunatly I live in a country where healthcare is a luxury, I need to work for a period of time in a job(if i ever find one) and work for my medical coverage.
When I did see the doctor previously for this, my anxiety attacks definatly diminished, but because I had some slow flying months(I wasnt always flying) I could not cement the therapy for it to take effect and my anxiety resumed.
I just decided to take a few years away from flying and come back to it when the 'wounds have healed' ............
and now, just to recap, others who have had anxiety,what were your symptoms,thoughts, and when did they occur most frequently?