PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eyesight class 1, hyperphoria, please help!!!
Old 21st Feb 2005, 21:42
Emmett01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easy steps to get it solved

I believe I can help you. Here are the steps. This is what I did:

1 Go an get it measured by an optician
2Take your reading to an eye consultant at your local NHS hospital
3Consult with him.
4 HE tell you what can be done

Dont accept "no" for an answer because I had this condition very bad, prob 10 times worse than yours. But I want this class one very much. On January 17 I went in for an operation on the left eye. I had 15 diopters and now it is just 3. He then told me that when the other eye will stop compancating for the imbalance the brain will reduce further its imbalance. I have to see him on the 23rd of march again. They asked me for a consultants report on the operation and thats what theyll be gettin. This concultant in the hospital will prob be more qualified than them, so they will take the consultants advice like the gospel. I also agree with IRishwings the good person, they are more leient on phorias than the other (tropias).

My main advice is never give up on it, I definitaly wont. theyll never here the end of me. That is if you want it as bad as I do.
I hope that it turns out as well for u as it did for me.

NOTE - This condition notes for no or poor colour vision and no 3d vision. If you lack these, ur beat. Luckily for me I was born with this problem and so my brain adapted with these features. So im gratefule. There is a risk of double vision with the operation, so its a gamble you gota take, I took it and I don't have double vision. If you gain this ur hammered before you even start.(including ur class two).

Good luck _ Here my e-mail address if you want any info. My uncle is an eye surgeon.

[email protected]

p.s If your older than seven, which I persume - Im afraid eye exercises or glasses don't do the tick.