PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Cadets flying for the Regionals
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2005, 00:21
Howard Hughes
Sprucegoose

Location: Hughes Point, where life is great! Was also resident on page 13, but now I'm lost in Cyberspace....
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
However I believe that the pilots that are working hard out there trying to build up time ect are being disadvantaged as a cadet placement in a regional is effectively one less place for a pilot who is out there busting his/her backside to try to get somewhere
More to the point you are being "advantaged" as when you finally do make it into a regional, there will be less competition for command positions.

By the way, do you think that Qantas Cadet's don't have to bust a gut to get somewhere?

They are subject to constant testing and checks throughout their training and then whilst on secondment to a regional. After all this despite the large outlay there is no guarantee of a position with Qantas!

The level of professionalism and motivation exhibited by these individuals, is also far higher than anything I have ever seen displayed by those who have had to "bust a gut" to get a position with a regional.

I have see the moral changes in the flight crew who seem to be “babysitting” the cadets and some of these guys cant even get through Qantas recruitment stage 1.
Please elaborate on what you mean by the "moral Changes" in captains.

Do you mean morale changes? These are two totally different words you realise.

Cheers, HH.

Last edited by Howard Hughes; 18th Feb 2005 at 02:54.