PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Cadets flying for the Regionals
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2005, 22:48
Aerocom2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qantas Cadets flying for the Regionals

Gday all,
I looking for discussions/opinions on the topic of Qantas Cadets that have been placed onto some of our regional airlines to gain experience for a couple of years before going back to Qantas. Im not using this post to bag the cadet program or Qantas. However I believe that the pilots that are working hard out there trying to build up time ect are being disadvantaged as a cadet placement in a regional is effectively one less place for a pilot who is out there busting his/her backside to try to get somewhere. Also when the cadet has done his two years he is replaced by another cadet and the trend goes on. I have been lucky enough to already have a position with a regional so this doesn’t effect me personally however I have see the moral changes in the flight crew who seem to be “babysitting” the cadets and some of these guys cant even get through Qantas recruitment stage 1. The point I’m making is that in the opinion of Qantas some of these captains are unsuitable for employment with Qn but are good enough to train their Cadets. This doesn’t make sense to me. Some might say jealousy…well maybe a little but we all know that cadets are a fact of life and I think most of us accept this.
Should the regionals employ cadets, effectively turning their back on the guy who has worked so hard ?