PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Increadible Stupidity of our Airport security!
Old 17th Feb 2005, 09:08
Ultralights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Increadible Stupidity of our Airport security!

Today i recieved an express order from Sanity Music store in the Qf Domestic terminal. due to the urgent nature of the order, i personally delivered the requested stock, and delivered it to the terminal store.

what happened when i got there absolutly amazed me!

the stock ordered was 600 units of cdpr (standard music CD) and 300 DVD's

these filled 3 boxes weighing approx 30 Kg each, and each box about the size of a large computer monitor.

I arrived at the Under terminal loading dock (beside the group check in on the lower level at QF domestic) showed my usual id, whch is just a drivers licence, and found my parking spot. I loaded the 3 boxes onto a standard trolly and proceeded to the goods elevator to the terminal proper. just as i was about to enter the elevator, i was stopped by security and searched. I showed them my box cutter knife and all hell broke loose ( i need the box cutter to cut the plastic anti tamper tags on the boxes, as they came directly from the manufacturing plant at silverwater) in seconds i had 3 guards with guns drawn and police on the way.

by now im thinking it must be the 3 boxes, and i hope they dont expect me to open every single CD and DVD case!!!

to make a long story short, the supervisor or similar person came over, and i was practically strip searched, and only then allowed to make my delivery after approx 30 Mins of Bull**** questioning and a police check!! they took my boxcutter knife, pens, and keys to the truck, pretty much every metal item i had on me.

Not ONCE during this ordeal did ANYONE look at or question what was in the boxes!!!

sure enough, in the elevator i go, 3 boxes and a trolly and acess to the "secure" side of the terminal!!!!!

If only the travelling public could see this, and see just what a rort and pathetic excuse we have for security! lucky i had my background checked pilots licence on me or i would have been in real trouble!!