PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Airways
Thread: Tiger Airways
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2005, 23:57
highcirrus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jet2easybaby

In deference to the sensibilities of 411A and the Minister Mentor, both of whom, I understand, may lay claim to the provenance of the aphorism “a dime a dozen”, I will state instead that the prevailing sentiment within the higher echelons of Government, here in Wonderland, is that pilots remain “ten a penny” and will therefore continue to receive the dismissive treatment and derisory packages befitting such a disposable commodity.

As previously mentioned, it will only be the beloved market force which will oblige the Queen of Hearts to change the rules (again!) and reappraise remuneration scales in response to the dearth of suitable applicants. After all, pilots can hardly be ordered to join can they? The compulsive nature of airline life here only starts when in-country and bank guaranteed and bonded to the eyeballs!

As previously suggested, best stay on Tony’s sceptred isle a while longer, rather than jump to this one. After all, MM has big expansion plans for the low-costs out here and is going to need a lot of well qualified manpower to make it all happen.

So like I’ve also said before – let the force (market) be with you.