PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRI - This & That WARNING
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2005, 19:57
av8boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK. Admittedly I’m coming to this late and from the other side of the pond, but I’m not especially liking what I’m seeing… You’re complaining because there’s too much info on the ATIS? If I’ve read this correctly, these guys are publishing the info on the ATIS because it has been provided to them and they believe they are obligated to make it available. So, there’s a bird warning after dark or a frost warning when you see no frost? Odds are that there are people in at the ATC facility making that same observation and wondering why the warning was posted. However, if they believe they are obligated to pass that info on, they pass it on. That’s what we PREFER to see as the default setting on this type of issue, right?

If you think the guys in this unit are stupid, then just say so and we can move on from there (is that what the “rural” comment was about?). And if you actually believe that there is no requirement for the info to be on the ATIS (or that putting it on the ATIS is prohibited), start contacting people on the way up the food chain and get it changed. However, the way this thread is being prosecuted can only serve to remove from some controllers who really seem to give a damn, the motivation to go above and beyond. I don’t see the point.