PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - anxiety,am I alone
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2005, 14:08
Trentino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the reply guys. Looking back, I see I didnt give enough info on what I believe started this.
around one year ago, I was a pax in a light twin. While in cruise I was relaxing, reading a book when suddenly we began some pretty violent maneuvers. Maneuvers that all of us have seen one time or another while training, they were nothing I would call acrobatic. I 'felt' them to be about +1.5g's to 0.0g's. with heavy banking and pitching. After these maneuvers stopped, I felt I couldnt catch my breath and actually experienced my first anxiety attack.
Those maneuevers, it turns out, where just the guys up front 'messing around'
Because of those maneuvers I have completely lost trust in whoever I fly with. When I flew with my students, letting them have the controls was very hard but manageable because I was next to them. As a passenger in a jet, just recently, the anxiety generalized itself there too. I somehow lost trust in those guys too and have this anxious feeling they will pull the same stunt.
OK, now that everyone here believes im a certified nut
I must add that I am completely rational and generally a calm and understanding person. The rational part of me knows that everything will be ok up there, the anxious part feels otherwise.
I know I will get over this, I just hope that I havnt caused too much damage to myself.