PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atc 600
Thread: Atc 600
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2005, 10:07
sparks and stuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know

Thanks for the replies. As a LAE i do a lot of radio checks on lots of permit aircraft and private machines. As you are all no doubt aware there is next to no money in this bracket and only manage to cover expenses (cheap lunch!) but i share the passion and enthusiasm that owners of these aircraft have. I like to think that in some small way i positivley benefit GA. With the prospect of equipment becoming redundant or out of date then it can be put to good use in non commercial areas. Just because it is out of date does not make it useless (a bit like myself!). It is great when an employer has state of the art kit that can be used outside of work but so tough and expensive when you no longer have access to it. I dont want to have to quit doing what i enjoy but finding it very hard and expensive to see any other way. shame realy as the only people that will loose out are the hard core aviation fans that are only just managing to fly and keep their heads above water with the help of sympathetic LAE like myself. It will be a sad day day when engineering help and support will cost mort than a cup of coffee.