PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flywho!
Thread: Flywho!
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2005, 08:15
Cyrano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
March is news to me! The website shows late June as the first bookable flight, so if they are really starting flights in March there may be some empty planes around.

I note the FAQ on their website says:
Is my booking protected with ABTA or something?
Airlines do not protect their customer with an ATOL bond or any similar arrangement as they are not required to do so by the CAA. However, anxious to extend extra comfort for anyone who intends to flywho, we have made arrangements for all tickets to be handled by ATOL bonded agents and tour operators. This will ensure that all passengers are able to book with absolute confidence that their money is secure.
I assume this means that flyblu don't have the ATOL, but the agent through which they accept your booking (whoever that is) does. As far as obtaining an AOC from the CAA goes, I don't know whether they are planning to run on their own AOC from the start or if they will initially be piggy-backing on someone else's. If the latter, then I'm not sure whether they need any licences at all (ATOL-protected ticket agent selling seats on the aircraft of a third-party carrier with its own AOC and Class A licence; flywho just acting as a promoter and marketer).

But that's just speculation on my side. I'm still perplexed about the alleged start in March (next month!)

C.