PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So What Happens Next Time??????????
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2005, 02:54
Gnadenburg

Received 93 Likes on 41 Posts
Three Bars

Important topic. Probably needed a more sensationalist headline though - " QF Longhaul Pilots Grossly Overpaid".

QF pilots have been fighting losing battles without even realising they are at war - Domestic B Scale, Australian Airlines, J* etc etc.

With the capitulation of wages and conditions by J* pilots and more recently NJS pilots, QF Long Haul wages are a gross aberration. I would even suggest the VB wage is looking lucrative!

With the opening up of traditionally protected QF routes, competitors against QF- Singapore, Cathay, Dragon, China Airlines, Emirates and more - will open up more and more "lifestyle" bases for Australian pilots. With 120K being the low ball going rate for domestic captains, I would suggest 160K be the going rate for the new generation of long haul pilots based in SYD. QF Longhaul pilots are now uncompetitive!

QF Management have played upon the desperation and despair of J* and NJS pilot groups. They have warmed and been rewarded for the capitulation.

QF Managements' trump card has not been played yet- greed and ambition. How much will J* pilots fly widebodies for? Mainline F/0's will end up accepting similar as this their only hope for command.

The QF Selection Proccess is becoming a useful double edged sword for management aswell. The psyche profiling seems to create pro-company and non-militancy. The other edge creates resentment at perceived elitism and high pay from less well off pilot groups ( sentiments witnessed here on pprune ).

"What to do?". Unity is fantasy. I would be looking at grossly undervaluing command wage expectations for QF pilots and playing dirty in keeping flying for the QF pilot group.