PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So What Happens Next Time??????????
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2005, 22:54
Capt Claret

Bottums Up

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Three Bars

My reading of the tea leaves.

Pilots like myself at NJS & Jetstar & Virgin & the next will continue to accept the conditions offered by our respective employers, or potential employers because we can't make it through the QF hoops, or we don't want to.

We'll continue to be thought of as lower class pilots because we didn't/couldn't jump through the QF hoops, by some of our so called colleagues at QF, though from reading PPRuNe posts one could be forgiven for thinking that lots of QF pilots think this way.

We'll be denied group representation because we're though of as lower class, despite flying the same or similar equipment, to equally safe standards, providing equally good service to our passengers.

Then one day things'll get so bad that those at the top of the pile will realise that accepting us into the club and forming a united body looking after all of our interests, is in the best interest of us all!. Then things will start to improve.

As an aside, at an AFAP meeting in Perth in about '97, I was asked why I wasn't a member of AIPA, by an AIPA rep. When I explained that as far as I knew approaches had been made to have us join AIPA but been rejected, he said that was nonsense and would get back to me ASAP.

If he doesn't call me soon I'm going to suffocate.