PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life after EK
Thread: Life after EK
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2005, 12:41
BYMONEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
411A

Are you saying that once people become Captains,they should only ever consider a new job providing they 'retain' their Command? What about guys in B.A who might decide to leave a short haul command for a few years right seat long haul, or the guys who flew Left seat RJ100 (146) who join the likes of Britannia flying 767.The reason,i'd guess, is that it's more for a lifestyle change.It's not a case of not having the backbone.If anything,those that do make the move have a lot more AND the confidence in their own abilities that they will 'earn' their Command again.As I said in my previous post,a lot can be learnt from this 'nonsense' as you put it !!!!!
You were obviously fortunate to have been around in Aviation at the right time and the right place.The Gulf in the early seventies was a gold pot which can hardly be said of the place now. I'm glad for you and those of your generation who were able to enjoy the better times.
I, like many here,came with our eyes open and were well aware of what was offered to us.Granted,things have changed here and not always for the better.This,however IS one of the fundemental risks of working out here and guys should be aware of that. I have no regrets as I believe there is huge potential here in Emirates.If you would,however,advise me of the unusual circumstances in which one should give up their Command,i'd appreciate your comments,especially as,according to you, I now appear to be heading on the'road to disaster'

As for ZOMP, I can't for one minute understand only 14 days of leave. You need to investigate that further mate!

No beach today..........it's raining!

Che

Have just read your post but can't agree with that one.Left hand seat is great,sure,but is NOT the road to job satisfaction.That's why I left.

If it were true,you'd never get any whinging skippers and that,my friend ,is as rare as rocking horse poo!

Chow!

Last edited by BYMONEK; 16th Feb 2005 at 12:29.