PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC myths and misconceptions.
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2001, 23:45
BEXIL160

Thumbs up

ref "No Delay"...

Yes, you are all correct of course. I (and any U/T that I train) try to give a more realistic estimate of the possible hold. Just look at the stack (either on the radar or CCTV).

The point I was trying to make (badly, by admission) is that EATs don't get issued to a/c until the delay reaches 20 mins. (Yeah, I KNOW that they're sometimes availble when the delay is less, it depends on the TTC).

BTW Stack TV isn't available in AC LATCC, and when NERC opens Depature CCTV will also not be available either. Progress???? I think not.

The original reason for starting this thread was that it seemed to me that many aircrew seem at best a little ignorant of ATC practices. As ATCO's we are rightly encouraged to see things from a pilots point of view. All well and good, but how often have seen a line pilot visit your unit to find out the other side of the coin?? Not very often I'll bet.

To make TRM / CRM work really effectively we need regular (rostered and paid for) Fam flights, AND our Pilot colleagues need to pull a few shifts in ATC. Regularly. (Open can of worms and stand well back........)

Discuss...

rgds
BEX