PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Andalucia paper airline or ready to take off?
Old 13th Feb 2005, 20:23
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have any further updates?

Presumably the Winter '04 start was missed?

Option to join newsletter results in a page script error.

Those long haul destinations look utterley bizarre - and where would they go from - I can't see them working at GRX, MAD or MSE. Maybe LGW or STN, or another European hub with good feeders, but who would want to offer interlining opportunities with them?

"Unlike several low-cost airlines, Air Andalucia will fly to main airports in the major markets, where people really want to fly from and where Andalucians really want to travel to."

We've already beaten the fixed cost ticketing argument to death with Now/Never, but since when was MSE a main airport, if Ryanair won't even touch it! Hasn't FR's presence on STN and LPL to GRX also put a stop to the chances of any serious competition from there?

Also strikes me as slightly odd to focus on "where the Andalucians want to travel" - surely the majority of traffic here is inbound? And what on earth has Odense got to do with any of this?

From the A Jet site:

"AJet was established to deliver very focused airline services around the world. We anticipate that we will be operating 5 airlines by 2007."

Focused, and operating 5 airlines, including one loco A320 operator, one with A340s and one with commuter services into LCY?

Please don't tell me this is a serious company actually intending to turn someone a profit? Whoever said (Laker?) that the easiest way to become a millionaire in aviation was to start off as a billionaire could certainly teach these guys a few things!

Ps northfront - couldn't find anything in the MEL link - could you elaborate further?