PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-92: From Design to Operations
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2004, 14:34
jboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nick:

Re your post on disposition of the S-92 prototypes:

I'm a little disconnected from the industry now, but still curious. (I've been to the Shearwater Airshow several times, but not this year)

Given the retirement of #2, does that mean all flying S-92s now have the modified tail?

I'm also curious about the de-ice. I thought I heard that you had delivered an S-92 to a British customer, and assumed that meant de-ice cert was complete. Is the upcoming set of tests the final step before FAR 29 certification for flight into known icing? Will that make the S-92 the first US helicopter with full deicing certification?

I have heard the EH101 Cormorant still doesn't have full approval from Canadian DND.

Also, I thought that the VXX risk reduction activities were all paper design, and without flight trials, set up primarily to delay decision until post Presidential election. (Probably doesn't feel like that to insiders burning the midnight oil to spend the money and make progress!)

It's interesting that your VXX has a bigger cabin. Will that be offered to Canada for the H-92 (or is the #5 aircraft going to be used as an H-92 prototype) ?