PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-92: From Design to Operations
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2004, 11:21
Blackhawk9

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
G.E Power!

Having worked on and overhauled CT7/T700 engines fitted to Blackhawk and B214 ST's , and Makilas fitted to Super Pumas ,AS332 L,L1 and L2 and Cougar Helicopters , I know which Helicopter i would prefer my ass in, the one with the CT7's.
The CT 7 is fitted to over a dozen helicopters, has one of the best reliability records world wide and are overhauled on condition! ie; if it's not broke don't fix it. The Makila 1A has a pretty good reliability record and generaly make ohaul at 2500 hrs, the 1A1 is less so and have a faily high turnover in hot climates, the 1A2 gives good power when its new but as far as i know one has not made ohaul yet!! The Dutch have had a high turnover in there Cougars and the french keep extending the limits on Vietnamese L2 's as the keep failing pwr assurance figures in the tropics, I think the Makila 2 will be a nightmare as the engine has been stretched to the limit . The CT7 still has a bit of life left but I think the -8 will be about the limit , the next big twin engine i think will be the RTM 322 as i was designed to fit into existing CT7 fitted Helicopters and will have a development future up near 4000 hp.