PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life after EK
Thread: Life after EK
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2005, 03:45
Reverend Doctor Doug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
411a

Quite the contrary in fact.

Several years ago it was just the same. A few seasoned campaigners were trying to spread the word about where EK was heading, but we were drowned out by the likes of White Knight et al proclaiming us to be all glass half empty guys.

I, for one, was happy that I had made my attempt to provide factual and balanced debate for those that were interested and discontinued my posts.

A couple of years later it seems that all those new lads with sand colored glasses have now become somewhat seasoned campaigners. Maybe they have had their pay and conditions screwed with a bit, maybe been lied to about the quick command they were promised, perhaps kicked out of their villa and forced to move at own expense, and lo and behold they now feel the need to spread the word about EK and its nowhere near unique management style..

Unfortunately history repeats, as it is want to do, and there is yet another batch of newbies with their shiny new Landcruiser or Beemer and flash beach club membership that they can photograph and send back to all the unfortunate souls in Blighty that havent the 'courage' to give up union protection and civilised labour laws to enjoy the fruits of the "biggest, fastest, widest, tallest, loudest, most pretentious" place on earth.

So now the story looks the same. A bunch of pissed off veterans, who apparently wouldn't be happy if they were having diamonds shoved up their a*se, and a vocal crowd of newbies proclaiming everyone else here is too bitter and twisted to see how lucky they are.

The funny thing is, that the guys complaining now are the "honeymooners" of a couple of years back.

There is something to be learned from that...................................

But only for those that want to listen.

Cop U Later

The Rev

Last edited by Reverend Doctor Doug; 13th Feb 2005 at 08:36.