PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew and American Visas
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2005, 11:15
Final 3 Greens

Rainboe

1 - an American citizen shot and killed a British policeman in cold blood last year - that does not make all Amercians potential cold blooded killers and nor should we (or do we) treat them this way. The US citizen was convicted and Reid was convivted too, so all this proves is that both countries are not free of serious criminals

2- The Brits who were held at Guantanamo have not been convicted of any criminal activity to my knowledge, in fact they have not even been charged, so using this to support your argument seems naive to say the least - many would quote this incident as showing the US in a very bad light. Your comment about their names is despicable and racist IMHO

3- the reason that we did not have a WTC type incident was that UK domestic flight security was rather tighter than US domestic flight security and by the way, a substantial number of the victims were expat Brits

Punishing the innocent (i.e. this Visa process) is not smart and when you link it back to BA s profitability versus the state of the US competition, I think it is only natural that some wonder whether there is not a commercial motive, at least to some degree, behind the latest developments. Personally, I have no idea whether there is any substance in that line of thought.

If you wish to consider this view rampant anti Americanism, that's your privilege.