PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - can I re-join?
Thread: can I re-join?
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2005, 20:01
BigginAgain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JRM

I am not a pilot.

I doubt whether you would get offered another chance as a pilot, but don't let my doubts dissuade you from trying. The OASC will want to know all of the answers suggested earlier, and also what you have been doing in the mean time.

I think it likely that your age will be an issue, along with your previous actions. I suspect that if you are offered anything, it will be on the ground, with some vague promise that once you have proved yourself (shown due remorse!), you may be offered something airborne - by which time you will definitely be too old to go pilot training!

The easy option for OASC would be to offer you Ops Spt (FC), with a line that a subsequent move to the E-3D will give you the opportunity to fly. BEWARE; OASC has no say in who goes on the E-3D, and it looks to me like many of these slots will go to re-trained WSOs over the next few years.

Whatever happens, make sure that you do not allow ANY external influence (short of a death in the family) to impact on your training, either at Cranwell or subsequently ... but I guess you know that now!

BA

PS. Deliverance, I thought we all joined as Commissioned Officers, some of whom were given the enormous additional privilege of pilot training. Your attitude disappoints.

Last edited by BigginAgain; 10th Feb 2005 at 20:15.