PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetsgo YYC today...
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2005, 16:35
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trader

I'd like to add my comments to your posting. For all we know you could have been talking to the man in the moon. But, never mind.

You say;

1. 2 hours after the Jetsgo incident in YYC a WJ 700 landed and scraped a flap!!!!

So, that's all you got? What happened? x-wind? control problem? Surely there's a story there or it wouldn't be a point for discussion.

2. Several months ago a WJ flight STALLED after departure after the autopilot had a docile trip off without the crew noticing.

Not possible. The 700 (and most airliners make a noise when they trip off. Hard or Soft) The crew would be well aware well in advance of a stick shaker notification.

3. WJ was investigated for landing in Saskatoon in zero/zero weather when the tower was closed.

P1 calls landing or go-around at minimums. Not the tower. Whether it is open or closed. Read the regs.

4. At least 3 incidents of crews, in the 200, forgetting to turn packs on after dep resulting in the 'rubber jungle'.

Is that known to be dangerous, or forgetful?

My suggestion, for what it's worth, and I admire your intention to point out we're all not as perfect as some would like to think or believe us to be but, surely you can come up with something juicier than heresay?