PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - can I re-join?
Thread: can I re-join?
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2005, 16:31
Mightycrewseven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeff

To cut a long story short, I was on 209 IOT, as a pilot
Sorry to clip your wings old chap but you carry a common misconception, like many others do - particularly UAS student officers. You were not on IOT as a pilot. You were on IOT as either an officer cadet or student officer. On successfull completion of IOT you then become a u/t pilot (u/t = under training) until you are presented with your flying brevet THEN you are a pilot.

A plea to all 'aspiring' pilots, remember this when you undergo the Officer and Aircrew Cadet Training course and then professional training:

Please refer to yourselves as 'aspiring pilots' (or similar ilk) and not just 'pilots'. A great many people have worked damn hard to achieve the ultimate ambition of achieving a flying brevet which is a long way off for those that are still under training.

Rant over

M7 SENDS

P.S. For those of you that wish to be clever and point out that some 'are' pilots when they start OACTU because, technically, they may have achieved their ppl (through the WoS UAS drinking course) It doesn't count - IT DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE AN RAF PILOT!

Thought to self - wow, I really must get out the office more!