PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Airways
Thread: Tiger Airways
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2005, 01:40
jet2easybaby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
International Trader

I've been quoted a fixed salary of $10K (per month) which would include the first 60 hrs per month. After that, $275 an hour which would give over 20K for 95 hrs wich it seems all the locos will be doing. valuair's is around 18K for the same hrs unless they've upped the ante in the past few weeks. There are no other payments or allowances such as housing or insurance but they offer unlimited free travel on Tiger's services.

Tiger is now talking about a training bond instead of bank guarantee which I believe they and SIA have at present. I've been told all this is subject to approval from the top. I'm not type rated, so I do expect to have some restrictions on leaving - bond etc - for a few years. If pilots are leaving in droves for Jetstar it doesn't sound too healthy. How many have they lost?

High Cirrus
Many thanks for the advice and info. It looks like things in Singapore are not as simple as they appear from outside. I didn't realise that the Government was so active in SIA. Could any current Tiger pilots there like to give us an idea of what it is really like from the horse's mouth so to speak.