PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Airways
Thread: Tiger Airways
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2005, 00:36
highcirrus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the point is made that all these Singapore A320 carriers are starting to realise that rated, experience pilots are not “a dime a dozen” and thus easily replaceable, as then Senior Minister (now Minister Mentor) Lee Kuan Yew was famously noted as suggesting, a couple of years ago and that despite, quote, “thinking themselves special and having large egos” (so he said he’d been told at the time), the carriers will need to ante-up even more than ever to get the numbers of this much maligned breed they now so require.

I take the liberty of including my own far less august quote of 5 February:

“As you probably realise, Tiger has been having huge difficulty attracting pilots, due in no small part to the derisorily small package initially on offer and born of the beloved and all consuming market forces philosophy. These self same forces have obliged Tiger management to improve the package (it's not because they love pilots!), so I'd wait around for a while, if you're presently in employment, and see if the "force" improves things further.”

Don’t be in too much of a rush guys and gals, especially if you’re in employment and most certainly go for an outfit that treats you properly (we in SQ know all about this!).

Let the “force” be with you.