PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA to Tampa
Thread: BA to Tampa
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2005, 21:42
Shuttleworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bealine said " since 09/11 we have given everything away to keep our jobs and BA would not have survived without the full co-operation of the staff!"

Just untrue I'm afraid.
I can't believe you actually mean the things you say . Sure BA has some exceptional and talented cabin crew. We still win awards for in flight service. However the overall picture is pretty grim.

For example;

I was in Compass when the gnd staff walked out - there was massive disruption and late in the afternoon the company sadly made an announcement over the office PA that all long haul flights were to depart empty ( probably a sensible decision in the circumstances) .

What sums up BA cabin crew, was their reaction. No sadness for all the passengers who's hard earned holidays were totally stuffed on that day,. No compassion for families enduring mayhem in the terminal. No concern for the financial damage to BA . No apprehension at the deleterious effect to BA's reputation. JUST A MASSIVE, and I mean massive, and total CHEER from over 400 cabin crew. That's what many BA cabin crew think of our passengers - they despise them.

Sad but true.

Last edited by Shuttleworth; 9th Feb 2005 at 22:08.