PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation Training (OAT) - Who has got a job?
Old 9th Feb 2005, 11:17
BigAir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DD,

Having been one of the Lucky APP guys I can vouch that I do think the course was value for money in terms of it delivered what I wanted and more, I got a job soon after graduating and I am not in the minority.

A couple of points to note. Oxford can only do so much for you, they have got people through doors but you still need to go through the airlines process - this is down to the individual and just because you are APP does by no means garauntee you a job. However, to Oxfords credit their selection process (and possibly the cost of integrated training) weeds out a lot of the unsuitables or people not 110% committed, which in turn has meant a consistent product going for selection and getting chosen. I feel sorry for airline recruiters as there really is not a lot to differentiate between us wet behind the ear graduates sometimes.

Second point is you mention Now is the time to commit.... you will only know the answer to that in 18 months time if the market is as is. Personally Spring to Summer 2003 was the time to commit which is what the graduating APP's all did, we got our timing right and there are jobs in the market place now. Wether that will last for another 18 months who knows, but unfortunately a fair amount of fortune telling is needed as to when you should start your training and to base it on the current marketplace needs caution.... especially when you consider in 18 months time you will be in the shadow of the EU age legislation and no one can predict what that will do to the Market.

I highly recommend Oxford if you are looking at Integrated training though! They won't let you down.

BigAir