PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Demise of the Professional Pilot
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2005, 21:45
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

Kaptin M lives in the same world as the rest of you, and has had to, and occasionally still does front the same problems you do.

Your pm was replied to almost 24 hours ago, TRSS - try checking your own, before engaging mouth.
Because I don`t know you, my opinion is unbiased!

For those who say the regulatory authority has to step in, and do something about - I agree, BUT they have to be made aware of the problem.
An anonymous letter - from perhaps several of you, individually - describing the problem patterns, the fatigue experienced, the threats you believe some management are making, and your concern for Safety, has to be the first step.

However, the resolution to the problem lies solely in YOUR hands. Complaining on an anonymous forum won`t achieve results - unless the airline company concerned is named.

An accident WON`T bring any resolution - the finding will inevitably end up as "Pilot Error", which would be correct, if you are KNOWINGLY flying fatigued, or accepting u/s aircraft, not adhering to minimum rest rules, not following de-icing holdover times, etc, etc.