PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Assessment Scam?
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2005, 22:16
Mister Geezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eagerbeaver

May I draw your attention to this thread which is a summary of how poorly paid a new F/O is with Ryanair. You were painting a very rosy picture of Ryanair and I fear that you may be in for a shock. I will never work for Ryanair and I will never fly Ryanair as a passenger!

I am a First Officer in Ryanair and here is exactly how I am being payed in the first 12 months:

Type rating (4-6 WEEKS):

No pay

You then wait 2-4 weeks for base training without pay. After base training you are on the training contract basic rate for 6 months. This is an annual rate of 8700 pounds. However, you do not start getting payed this until after line training. Line training takes 2-3 months so you are therefore only payed on this rate for 3-4 months. Sounds complicated? It is purposely so.Not only that, but the company reduces this initial rate by 1000 pounds every year or so without notice. Next year you might therefore expect the rate to be 7700 pounds.

So, from the start of type rating until conclusion of line training you will only have earned about 750 pounds (half sector pay after safety pilot release and no basic salary yet).

About 3.5 months now remain until you finish your training contract. On the annual rate of 8700 (remember this will reduce eventually) you will earn 2530 basic in this time. Also, you will earn 2800 sector pay.

To sum up so far:

Day 1 to completion of line check ( 4 months) = 750 pounds

Line check to end of training contract (3.5 months) = 5330 pounds

Total after 7.5 months with the company = 6080 pounds.

It will now have been 6 months since base check. You will now go on the basic second officer terms. This amounts to a basic annual rate of 14000 pounds and half sector pay for a further 6 months.

In these 6 months you will therefore earn 7000 pounds basic and about 4800 pounds sector pay. This basic rate is also being reduced annually without notice.

Ok, here are the final figures (before tax) for the first 12 months after the base check:

Basic pay: 9530 pounds

Sector pay: 8350 pounds

Total: 17880 Pounds.

You can expect to remain on second officer pay scale for 18 months after line check. This will probably increase to a greater time period as time goes by.

As a turboprop F/O I am laughing at the pittence that is being paid! It is an insult to Ryanair pilots and those new joiners are not doing themselves any justice by joining such a outfit.

Yosser

Ryanair have done you a favour in giving you the elbow. You are far better off on the outside! Keep you chin high and you can smile because any other airline that you apply to now will be an improvement on Ryanair! That has to be a nice thought!