PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation Training (OAT) - Who has got a job?
Old 6th Feb 2005, 18:38
Air of Despair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DD,

All I will say is that if you can get the whopping amount of cash together then OAT is the place to go. I can hear some Pruners grumbling and getting on their soap boxes so let me clarify before I spark off a furious debate which has been done to death on these forums. Yes the standard of training at OAT is pretty good but no better than you would expect else where, yes it's a lot of money and yes you will leave with the same small pretty blue license as you would get had you been a modular student.

The APP scheme is relatively new and Oxford have basically put all their eggs in one basket and need to make it a roaring success (partly to justify the cost). It is therefore in their interests to get you a job. OAT are still putting forward some of their old graduates but for every AP student they put forward you can bet that there are4-5 APP grads put forward. The APP student has also done a first officer fundamentals course and a JOT course after the MCC. Therefore they appear better qualified than your average integrated student, whether they are is anyones guess. As random air said 7 out of 11 APP graduates on his course have already got jobs in a short space of time so I guess that answers that. From the info I get those numbers are pretty similar on all of the APP courses that have finished so far. Most of us would have given our left pod to get a job within 6 months of finishing.

So, if you can scrape the cash together then go to OAT, not because it is any better than anywhere else but simply because they have to make a success of the APP.

Good luck what ever you decide.