PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Assessment Scam?
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2005, 13:25
yosser-hughes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HI EVERYONE! Fantastic - I enjoyed the responses...

Quite right the airline would wana take the best of the crop but for LOW HOURS guys who HAVE NOT flown a B737 before the chances of getting in are poor AND I realy believe the airline is feeding the bank account. B737 sim costs about £200/2hr, crews pair up making £600 for 1 and 1/2 hr...AND MAJORITY DON'T MAKE IT!! So why doesn't RYANAIR vet the CV's more closely because they can make money by letting guys n girls play the "job lottery". We are all desperate to fly for a living.

How is assessment done? Based on improvement or raw data tollerances?? I don't know.

Well done to the few who have made it, Im honestly pleased for you and good luck, commiserations to the rest, type rated and all.

For the record I'm not bitter, definately not. I knew I'd failed the sim and I enjoyed the "challenge" and Yes I'd be fool enough to have another go... The guys that got in ARE probably better than me but I like to think they were only better on the day..

Thanks for your thoughts one and all.

Ooooops forgot to reply to Ms. Turret...

I like you, you sound real fiesty but don\'t be too hard on us low houred "inadequates". You never know one day we might be using the same airspace.. (and don\'t say "I HOPE NOT!" hee hee)

Global thanx for the encouragement you sound the sort of guy who makes for a good working environment.. Ms. Turret what do you think?