PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to say it like it is!
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2005, 08:36
backpocket.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have met General Mattis - I assume that the whinging anti-American contributors on this thread have not. He is an outstanding man who is a true leader of men and was an excellent ally and friend to our troops in Iraq during the entry to Iraq.

As for the video piece. Assuming that this is a genuine piece of footage then it looks fairly professional to me. I don't hear much whooping from the US crew and I don't know when it was taken, what the mission was, who the enemy was or what the ROE were. Therefore I can not make a judgement on it. I find it sad that people put this sort of thing on the Internet and sadder people take pleasure in downloading it and passing it around.

The simple truth is that this happens in war; if the truth is uncomfortable then go live in a neutral country. If you doubt that there is a serious fight going on in Iraq then perhaps you should pay a visit or at least stop relying on the British media to provide you with your information.

As for Gen Mattis' comments on Afghanistan, I'm sure my Afghan friend (who spent 45 days in a Taliban jail for not having a beard) would agree. At least his family are no longer forced to attend public beheadings of women for some trivial 'crime'.