PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK pilot breathalysed after go arounds
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2005, 05:06
Ontariotech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can see by some of the post's that a few have lost some respect for the police. I am at a loss as to why. Is it because of you being at the wrong place at the wrong time in the past? Being asked questions a little too private for your comfort level?

I am sure the officer in question had a brain in his or her head. And is well versed in the law of the land. If the officer believes on resonable and probable grounds that a Breath test was required, they are obligated to issue a request for breath. Whether the situation, complaint or otherwise relates to a car, a train or even an airplane.

I personally have delt with numerous people that have called into police and reported a car swerving in the road, or a car that is driving erratically, and believes that the operator is drunk. It's the first thing a dispatcher will tell you.

When the car is stopped, the 75 year old man with pop bottle glasses spends 20 minutes locating the ownership and the proof of insurance. Or, the mom with 3 kids in the car is trying to get the kids home from school and the kids are all yelling and screming tossing a ball around the inside of the car.

I think that the officer acts on the report, using witness accounts of the given situation, and makes a determination as to wheter or not investigate further. I am unaware of the facts in this case, but I would Imagine that the police officer would have had resonable and probable grounds to ask the pilot for a sample of his or her breath based on an investigation made by that officer, of that pilot.

And if some of you see a police officer getting the snot kicked outta him, and you witness this, you can be arrested for obstructing justice. At least here in Canada anyway.

Just my 2 cents