PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who cares when you PVR?
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2005, 12:11
flipster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opso,

I suspect you are in the minority judging by many posters' anger and dismay. However, I was incredibly well dealt with at Cranditz, where I had considerate and supportive Bosses who understood my reasons, then let me go pretty much on my own terms that fitted nicely with the start of the new job. I owe them a pint or 3.

I did fill in some paperwork asking me why I was going but PMA masters were not interested in retaining 17 years worth of flying experience (I disagree - that IS their job too!). However, while my DO was sad to see me go, his Bosses weren't - but that is another story. However, I suspect they are all far too busy wondering how they are going to fill all the staff posts and top-heavy command chain to which we seem to have regressed.

(thinks ......I wonder what is the ratio of Sqns to star-officers?)

The bottom-line is that GW2 continues to cost too much and His Royal Tonyness/Gordon Scrooge want to save money on their costly, non-vote-winning military .........and the most expensive things in the HM Forces are its people. So, as far as the beancounters and promotion-seekers are concerned, the quickest way to reduce costs was lose a few lower-level bods pdq - piece of cake!

Therefore, an increasing PVR rate is a sign of the times. In the meantime, some peeps are holding out for redundancy payouts (bit of a mistake in my book, as there probably isn't much money for that either). Others are staying in to protect their FRI/wait for their options, while many like me are getting out early to beat the rush.

While I was sad to leave many friends behind, I was not sad to dispense with the decaying top-level support.

The grass is always greener but in civ aviation, you generally get what you pay for and the companies have a clear idea where they want to go and how to do it efficiently. Generally, they consider their people a huge asset and have to stick to the rules on working times, extra duties but also pay the going wage.

I'm not sure if THIS business initiative will catch on with the treasury!

EESDL - see you out there, its not so bad!