PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seneca Crash at Taupo
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2005, 22:36
splatgothebugs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Condolences to the pilots family and the company. I personally didn't know the pilot or anybody in CHN but is indeed another that didn't need to perish.

MOR

You genrally have very well informed opinions but unfortunatley I think you may be speaking of something you nothing about this time.

Have you ever carried out any approach into AP? more to the point have you done the BRAVO app, I think not!

Every pilot who works in and out of AP knows what this approach is like and exercises extreme caution on it as FLYING KIWI POINTED OUT.

You mentioned that if the approach was unsafe CAA would not allow it, this is also not correct and you will only have to find the numerous reports and recommedations on AP to see that they move far to slowly. Looking even further you could point out the PM VOR/DME 25 app which is exteremly dangerous and still hasn't been ammended or removed.

I think before we all start pointing fingers that if this topic of SPIFR and CFIT is to be discussed any further perhaps a new thread should be made and leave this one to what it was originally posted for

splat