PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Petition for the abolition of Crossbows
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2005, 16:18
crossbow

No guys. Im not a wind up merchant but I do like to discuss the more contentious issues. Such as Low Flying. Why? well I am a real fan of Low flying. I love it. Its fab, great fun and its one of the true sorties where I find the more you put into the planning phase and the execution then the more you get out of the sortie. However, I have it on very good authority that we (the armed forces) will soon have the UKLFS removed. Now, I don't think thats a good decision.In fact its an awful decision. BUT its not me you have to persuade. Its mrs treehugger and her MP. Cos they are the ones knocking at the door of Buff and demanding that the RAF stop whazzing over her house at midnight and scaring the horses. Now I have had the misfortune to be the subject of a low flying complaint when the formation i was leading (apparently) disturbed and subsequently killed a horse (Thankfully I was above 2000' and had the radar and radio evidence to prove it). I have also been witness to a very good friend who was Court martialled for unauthorised Low Flying (prob his own fault but it still hurts to see yr mate go down).
And so whilst I like a good manly discussion on the affairs which affect Military aviators, I also enjoy asking the odd awkward question. One of which caused a lot of anxiety. That question still remains as there is only one guy on here who has had the guts to try and form a reply. The rest of you just rant and rave and swear at me for having the audacity to ask such a question.
And so the question remains (for you all except one guy)
Why should we low fly in the UK when our area of Operations is in the Gulf? Thats the question Mrs Treehugger and her MP are asking. So serious answers only please.