PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone seen this??? :o Serco to bail out NATS?
Old 18th Mar 2002, 14:10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tigs,. .. .Your post is probably closer to home than you realize!. .. .A collegue of mine who used to work for Serco referred to NATS as a "1950s, tweed-jacket, pipe-smoking, Bakelite-style" organization. So why did he come to work for us? He did half as much work for twice as much money. Simple as that. His opinion of operational management was that "....they were certainly no worse, and in a lot of ways better...." than NATS. . .. .Of course, I'd have to be stupid to want to do twice as much work for the same money - but I'd be equally stupid to bury my head in the sand and resist changes at all costs. The situation need sorting out in NATS, and the sooner the better. If the best way do do it to sell NSL to Serco, then so be it.. .. .And Legs 11, I'm not trying to wind up the area guys; you do a difficult job under difficult conditions (sincerely!), but I've come to the conclusion over the past eighteen-or-so months that we'd be better served by working for different companies, as our needs are - these days - so different. NSL staff have far more in common (and in common interest) with airport controllers at Newcastle, East Midlands, Liverpool, etc., than we do with controllers at ACCs.. . . . <small>[ 18 March 2002, 13:16: Message edited by: 1261 ]</small>